Friday, June 5, 2009

Our UNC advisor sent us this link, which is pretty interesting

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/05152009/profile2.html


One of my classes in Thailand is Life Cycle Assessment, which if you didn't know what that meant or entailed, the interview does a pretty good job of what my class will discuss, fyi. My first LCA class will be on Monday. All of the classes in Thailand are once a week, but for three hours, and I went to a class today to see if I might take it as an option. All of the UNC students fell asleep and the teacher called the class off after a little over 2 hours because she could tell we were all in another dimension. It was pretty funny, but I'm going to have to figure out a way to pay attention for 3 hours. The longest classes at UNC are 1:15 and last summer I took a class at NCSU for 1:30 during summer school. We shall see how it works. At least the 3 hour class usually includes a 15 minute + break.

Perhaps after next weekend I can upload some more pictures, as I don't have many up but I'm very excited because our teacher is coming this weekend and taking us to Bang Saen, a beach where he did Peace Corps work in the seventies. It will be a neat experience, while the beach isn't known for the aesthetics as much as many of Thailand's other beaches, it has a personal appeal to Dr. Kamens which will be interesting and neat to learn about and hear about its progression. A friend that goes to NCSU is in Bangkok also, and she contacted me about getting together and potentially we may travel somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment